Employer: Film Training Manitoba
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Job Location: Winnipeg
Start date: June 15th, 2023
Salary: $45,000 to $60,000 (with benefits)
About the role:
Film Training Manitoba is looking for a Partnerships Manager to fulfill our mandate of workforce development and training for Manitoba’s growing film industry. This position requires an experienced, knowledgeable, diplomatic professional who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment.
FTM is a non-profit charity and member of the Province of Manitoba’s sector council program (through the Department of Economic Development and Jobs). FTM conducts workforce development and training to build a highly skilled and adaptable film industry to support the activities of Manitoba production companies. FTM collaborates with film and television industry members to identify the training needs within the community.
- Manage initiatives in FTM’s workforce mandate.
- Facilitate alignment of training with industry needs.
- Commitment to developing the film industry’s skilled labour pool to ensure a sufficient supply of workers.
- Develop industry intelligence to inform responsive training.
- Align labour and employee skills with business needs.
- Work with FTM’s team to target and create partnerships with external organizations to develop new workforce development and business opportunities in existing or new markets.
- Coordinate and manage training activities and develop strategies and tactics to promote FTM’s partnership opportunities to stakeholders.
- Establish new business relationships with potential partners to create mutually beneficial arrangements.
- Develop and manage long-term relationships with partners to increase workforce development opportunities and customer loyalty.
- Assist in preparing reports.
- Attend FTM in-class programming to facilitate training sessions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary in film, media and/or creative communication
- A positive and can-do attitude
- Relevant education or equivalent experience in training delivery and management
- Connections and pre-existing film and media relationships
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Skilled project manager, time manager and organizer
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities and situations simultaneously
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with a team
Film Training Manitoba is committed to creating an inclusive and healthy workplace where participants, instructors, and staff are treated with dignity and respect. As defined by the Province of Manitoba’s Human Rights code, FTM will not tolerate any form of harassment, and we reserve the right to remove anyone creating an unsafe environment.
- Proficiency in English
- French language skills are an asset
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Work Location: In person
Apply by June 1, 2023, with a cover letter and resume.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com