The work experience program includes:
Internships• Career Focus Crew Internship Program
FTM Crew Training Fund• Mentorships • Skills Upgrade Program • Crew Course and Travel Fund
Work Experience CriteriaFilm Training Manitoba delivers skill-based on the job training to new and existing crewmembers. FTM works closely with the industry to identify skill gaps and training needs within the film community. The training priorities for this fiscal year are outlined in the attached document. Work Experience placements
- Must be identified as a training priority by the community.
- Will contribute to the skill development of the participants.
- Will be evaluated by Film Training Manitoba.
- A summary of the skills that the trainee(s) will develop as a result of this placement. The summary would include:
o Resumes and crew positions of the trainers
o Resumes of the trainees
- Company information including a credit list of productions that have had theatrical releases or on air broadcasts
- All training is in place and agreements are signed prior to the first day of principal photography.
- Must submit the training summary identifying all training opportunities to be considered for work experience support.
- Must contribute a portion of the trainees wages
- Must provide Employment Insurance, CPP, Vacation Pay and Worker’s Compensation
- Must include FTM to the production’s Commercial General Liability insurance
- Must allow FTM to conduct work site visits to monitor the trainees progress
- Must include FTM in the credits, if applicable
Please take a look through the Training portion of our website and our Calendar for workshops and training opportunities that may interest you.