May 29, 2022 at 10:00AM – 4:30PM
Location: Film Training Manitoba – 245 McDermot Ave | 4th Floor classroom
$65.00 – General
$50.00 – IATSE Members and permits
To register online click here and select ‘RECORDING SOUND’ from the list of courses.
About The Workshop
During this one-day training session, veteran film professional Eric Neufeld will provide course hands-on instruction in the area of production sound in film and TV production.
Given the highly technical nature of film productions, this course has been developed to demystify the workflow and requirements of working within the sound department. Using a combination of both theory and practical instruction, the course participants will gain a greater understanding of the professional requirement of this important department and be encouraged to seek job opportunities within Manitoba’s growing film industry.
Topic covered will include:
- Sound department workflow.
- Intro to sound equipment (including boom and wireless lavs).
- Intro to booming/practical exercise.
- Intro to wiring practical and exercise.
About the Instructor
Eric Neufeld is a graduate of the University of Winnipeg was born and raised in Dugald, Manitoba. A proud member of IATSE Local 856, Eric is currently the Chair of both the Sound Department and the Young Workers Committee.
Eric was a subject of Film Training Manitoba’s Reel Careers Profile Series on Manitoba film professionals.
Select film credits include: Flag Day (2021), The Ice Road (2021), Hunter Hunter (2020).
Eric’s Reel Career Profile Series: https://www.filmtraining.mb.ca/eric-neufeld/
Film Training Manitoba Course Registration Policy
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to register and attend the course.
- Participants must register in advance of the course. No drop-ins.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis – unless otherwise specified. Enrollment may be limited.
- Payment in full is required to secure a spot in an FTM course.
- Participants must cancel up to 4 full business days prior to the course start date to receive an 80% refund.
- No refund will be given to participants who cancel within 4 full business days before the course start date, or if they do not attend the course.
- Film Training Manitoba reserves the right to cancel, or postpone, any course where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for a course that is canceled will receive a full refund.
Please note: As per Creative Manitoba’s COVID-19 Policy, we require all visitors wear masks and social distance, further we recommend that all visitors be double vaccinated.
FTM is a non-for-profit charity and member of the Province of Manitoba’s sector council program (through the Department of Economic Development and Jobs). FTM conducts workforce development and training to build a highly skilled and adaptable film industry to support the activities of Manitoba production companies. FTM collaborates with members of the film and television industry to identify the training needs within the community.