When: January 13 – 10am to 4:30pm at Frank Digital’s studio)
January 14 – 10am to 4:30pm Digital Editing Suite)
Where: 509 Century Street
*Space is limited!
About the course:
This unique training initiative for media production professionals that are looking to develop their skills with hands-on training in new technologies and visual modes of creative expression.
Participants of this course will receive a combination of hands-on learning, mock shooting, camera workflow, lectures and demonstrations on the leading-edge technologies in image-making.
Day 1 – Camera set-ups, tests and mock shooting (In partnership with Frank Digital) 10 AM to 4:30 PM
During the first day of this course the instructor will lead the participants through a series of camera set-ups and mock shoots. Each set up will utilise different camera systems and lenses, including Red, Sony and Black Magic Cameras. The instructor will build the camera with participants, shoot scenes and discuss technical and cinematic theory, including codecs, RAW, Camera LUTS, exposure, depth of field, sensors and lighting.
Test footage will be shot and prepared for review to see if the intended image quality has been achieved.
Day 2 – Post-production (In partnership with Frank Digital) 10 AM to 4:30 PM
During day two of the course, a post-production supervisor will allow the participants to see first-hand the footage shot and the instructor will review how to color correct, manipulate images and match the different cameras.
Following this course, participants will understand current industry trends, including an in-depth understanding of Davinci Resolve and have a good working recognition of potential future platforms.
Film Training Manitoba Course Registration Policy
- Registrations are non-transferable
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to register and attend the course.
- Participants must register in advance of the course. No drop-ins.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis – unless otherwise specified. Enrollment may be limited.
- Payment in full is required to secure a spot in an FTM course.
- No Recording.
- Participants must cancel up to 4 full business days prior to the course start date to receive an 80% refund.
- No refund will be given to participants who cancel within 4 full business days before the course start date, or if they do not attend the course.
- Film Training Manitoba reserves the right to cancel, or postpone, any course where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for a course that is canceled will receive a full refund.
FTM is a non-for-profit charity and member of the Province of Manitoba’s sector council program (through the Department of Economic Development and Jobs). FTM conducts workforce development and training to build a highly skilled and adaptable film industry to support the activities of Manitoba production companies. FTM collaborates with members of the film and television industry to identify the training needs within the community.