January 7, 2023 at 10:00AM – 4:30 PM
January 8 2023 at 10:00AM – 4:30PM
Location: 509 Century Street
Registration Fee: $125
To register online click here and select ‘Expo 2023’ from the list of courses.
About The Course:
FTM and Frank Digital’s popular FILM EXPO is back! We are partnering to deliver this unique training initiative for media production professionals that are looking to develop their skills with new technologies and visual modes of creative expression.
Participants of this course will receive a combination of hands-on learning, mock shooting, camera workflow, lectures and demonstrations on the leading-edge technologies in image-making. Space is limited!
Camera set-ups, tests and mock shooting – Day 1 – (In partnership with Frank Digital) – 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
During the first day of this course, the instructor will lead the participants through a series of camera set-ups and mock shoots. The instructor will cover equipment requirements for doc and factual style interviews and the participants will learn how to shoot and light for an interview, interior scenarios, and B-Roll, along with shooting in different codecs, exposure and using multiple cameras and lenses. The instructor will also review gathering B-roll using small camera systems and gimbals.
Test footage will be shot and prepared for review to see if the intended image quality has been achieved.
Post-production – Day 2 – (In partnership with Frank Digital) – 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
During day two of the course, a post-production supervisor will allow the participants to see first-hand the footage shot and the instructor will review flat light versus shaped lighting and how to colour-correct and match two cameras.
Following this course, participants will understand current industry trends with productions and have a good working recognition of potential future platforms.
Film Training Manitoba Course Registration Policy
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to register and attend the course.
- Participants must register in advance of the course. No drop-ins.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis – unless otherwise specified. Enrollment may be limited.
- Payment in full is required to secure a spot in an FTM course.
- No Recording.
- Participants must cancel up to 4 full business days prior to the course start date to receive an 80% refund.
- No refund will be given to participants who cancel within 4 full business days before the course start date, or if they do not attend the course.
- Film Training Manitoba reserves the right to cancel, or postpone, any course where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for a course that is canceled will receive a full refund.
FTM is a non-for-profit charity and member of the Province of Manitoba’s sector council program (through the Department of Economic Development and Jobs). FTM conducts workforce development and training to build a highly skilled and adaptable film industry to support the activities of Manitoba production companies. FTM collaborates with members of the film and television industry to identify the training needs within the community.