10:00am – 4:00pm
Location: 300 – 245 McDermot Avenue
Room: 3rd floor – Boardroom
for Creative Manitoba Members
for IATSE 856 members
for DGC members
for OSM members
About the workshop
During this one-on-one training session, participants will receive confidential tax advice for filing personal and corporate taxes by an experienced bookkeeper and accountant. Each participant will receive up to 40 minutes of one-on-one time and are encouraged to prepare and share any questions or issues they may have with taxes. Through these individual sessions, participants will gain a deeper insight of the advantages and benefits of taxes in Canada.
About the Instructor
Kathe Meseman has 25 years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting for small and medium size enterprises, and the non-profit sector.
Kathe has experience in the areas of include initial financial setup or corporate re-structure, full cycle accounting and training, project costing/reporting, government remittances, payroll, month end and year end. Proficient in Quickbooks, Simply Accounting and Profile for personal and corporate income tax preparation.
Kathe is currently the Financial Officer at Film Training Manitoba, New Media Manitoba and Essential Skills Manitoba. Kathe is also involved in charitable volunteerism and serves on the Board of Directors for Winnipeg’s Westland Foundation, which provides post-secondary
scholarships for inner Winnipeg students.
Film Training Manitoba is committed to creating an inclusive and healthy workplace where participants, instructors, and staff are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any forms of harassment and reserve the right to remove any patron creating an unsafe environment.
Film Training Manitoba Course Registration Policy
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to register and attend the course.
- Participants must register in advance of the course. No drop-ins.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis – unless otherwise specified. Enrollment may be limited.
- Registration for all courses, including weekend workshops, must be done between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (except holidays).
- All registrations must be received and confirmed in-person or by telephone with an FTM staff member during office hours.
- We do not confirm or accept registrations via email.
- Payment in full is required to secure a spot in an FTM course.
Registration can be done in one of two ways:
– Cash, VISA and MasterCard, and debit are accepted.
Our offices are located at 300 – 245 McDermot Ave, in Winnipeg’s Exchange District. We are open to the public Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
– VISA and MasterCard only. Registrations are accepted via the main line at
204-989-9669. *We do not confirm or accept registrations via email
Coffee and refreshments will be provided
- Participants must cancel up to 4 full business days prior to the course start date to receive an 80% refund.
- No refund will be given to participants who cancel within 4 full business days before the course start date, or if they do not attend the course.
- Film Training Manitoba reserves the right to cancel, or postpone, any course where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for a course that is canceled will receive a full refund.