Film Training Manitoba is pleased to present this two-day workshop for those interested in learning more about working in the Lighting and Grip Departments. Through hands-on practical exercises, participants will learn how to scout and rig locations, manipulate the existing lights, and create an acceptable exposure and colour balance.
This is an entry-level course that will introduce participants to professional lighting equipment and basic grip gear.
Topics will include:
- An overview of the basic gear used by each department.
- Fundamentals of cabling and power distribution.
- Manipulating natural and available light.
- Introduction to rigging.
- Reviewing how the equipment works together.
- Introduction to Condor Mounts and Candlesticks.
Terence Fuller is a Manitoba-based film professional with over 10 years experience in the Grip department working his way up to Key Grip. He’s worked on such movies as: BEHIND THE GLASS, BACK TO CHRISTMAS, MIA, ROOM FOR RENT, and DEVIL’S GATE among others.
Film Training Manitoba is committed to creating an inclusive and healthy workplace where participants, instructors, and staff are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any forms of harassment and reserve the right to remove any patron creating an unsafe environment.
João Holowka is a long-serving film industry professional and FTM instructor. He has worked as a Gaffer, Lighting Technician, and mentor to many lighting interns. His film credits include: ATM, Goon, You Kill Me, and My Winnipeg.
December 4, 2021 8 am to 5 pm
December 5, 2021 8 am to 5 pm
William F. White – 2073 Logan Ave. #11
Scroll down and select “Lighting and Grip Bootcamp with João Holowka and Terence Fuller”
- Participants must cancel up to 4 full business days prior to the course start date to receive an 80% refund.
- No refund will be given to participants who cancel within 4 full business days before the course start date, or if they do not attend the course.
- Film Training Manitoba reserves the right to cancel, or postpone, any course where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for a course that is canceled will receive a full refund.
Please note: This in-person bootcamp will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination along with mandatory masks.
FTM is a non-for-profit charity of the Province of Manitoba’s sector council program through the Department of Economic Development and Jobs. FTM builds a highly skilled and adaptable film industry workforce to support the activities of Manitoba production companies. FTM collaborates with members of the film and television industry to identify the training needs within the community.