ACTRA Manitoba & Film Training Manitoba Presents BIPOC Film & TV Performers Training Series
Saturday & Sunday March 13th & 14th 10:00am – 1:00pm – Zoom session
(Two day workshop in two parts)
Registration – $30 for participants accepted into the workshop
- Maximum of 12 participants. *Actors of colour will be given priority.
- ACTRA members and Non-ACTRA members allowed
- For Actors ages 15+
- Beginner to advanced level
- If accepted into the workshop, a subsidized fee of $30 per participant is required.
- A further reduced fee is available based on need.
- Deadline for application is Monday, March 8th at 5pm
- Space is limited. Please email email@example.com to indicate your interest, and for more information!
- Once you’re accepted into the workshop you can pay for the course at this link here (select Auditions with Patrice Goodman in the list of courses).
About the workshop
Practice and hone your audition technique with this workshop taught by actor, director, choreographer and teacher, Patrice Goodman!
Patrice Goodman won a 2015 Canadian Screen Award for “Best Ensemble Performance”, thanks in part to her multi-character work in the hit CityTV comedy “Sunnyside”, a show described by some as “Portlandia in Canada”, which was filmed here in Winnipeg.
She has been a professional actor since her late teens; she also works as a director, choreographer and teacher. Patrice’s work includes series lead and regular roles, including Maximum Dimensions and Platinum; she has also appeared on Bloodletting, Cracked, Being Erica, Odyssey 5, Doc, and Wild Card.
Patrice has lent her voice- alongside Gordon Pinsent and Alberta Watson- to the short film The Spine, an official selection at TIFF, in which she was directed by Oscar winner Chris Landrith.
Patrice’s extensive stage credits include the lead role in “Touch the Sky” at Toronto’s prestigious Young People’s Theatre; the wildly successful Toronto and New York City tours of “First Hand Woman”, which was recommended by the New York Times, and 13 years acting and directing with Little Red Theatre Company,
Patrice has taught drama and dance to actors of all ages for the past eight years, including classes at the Munich Film Academy in Germany, and as assistant to esteemed Meisner coach Jacqueline McClintock at the Mallorca Film Academy in Spain.
Patrice is equally well-respected for her deep emotional range and her wacky comedic skills.