November 23rd – December 4th, 2020
40 minute one-on-one sessions with Rhonda
*Please let us know if you own Movie Magic Budgeting
You can pay and register for this course all online HERE
(Just choose Budgeting with Rhonda under “Online Course Sign-ups”)
Or call into the office’s main line at 204-989-9669 to pay over the phone with a credit card.
About The Workshop
There are many different ways to represent a budget, including: non-union, union, studio productions and department budgets. Some people use an excel spreadsheet, some use a scrap of paper. Some budgets give you extraordinary detail, others a brief outline. As a department head you are responsible for the elopement, accurate tracking, and management of your department budget. You are being asked to manage this money and your next job can depend on your ability to do this.
Using Movie Magic Budgeting software, the instructor will guide the participants on how to set up for rates, fringes, globals and groups as well as incorporate their budgets into formats for presentation. This tutorial session will provide the participants with the tools to be more skilled at budgeting new productions or more successful managing their department’s budget – whether you are a seasoned key or someone moving up into a key position.
This course is a distance education class, and will be a 40 minute, one-on-one session with the instructor and the registered participants.
Participants that are interested in signing up must email: email@example.com and the instructor will touch base with the participants soon after that. Please ensure you provide your name,
e-mail address and current phone number along with your current CV.
There is limited space so contact FTM ASAP to register. The deadline for registration will end on November 22nd, 2020.
This session will take place over Zoom.
About the instructor
Producer / Line Producer
With 29 years of experience in the film and television industry Rhonda has had plenty of time to fine tune her skills as a producer, line producer, and production supervisor. From feature films to television movies to 1/2 hour and 1 hour television series she has worked on many projects in many cities such as Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Nelson, Des Moines, Moscow, and London, England.
Most recently Rhonda relocated from Saskatchewan to Winnipeg which has actually become 8 wonderful years where she continues to produce projects in a wonderful city with an incredible tax incentive and great cast and crew.
Over the last 8 years Rhonda has produced or line produced 21 projects in Winnipeg with budgets ranging in size up to $35 million. The Grudge, Reboot, starring Andrea Riseborough & Demien Bichir, directed by Nick Pesce; Siberia starring Keanu Reeves and directed by Matt Ross; JT Leroy, a feature film starring Kristen Stewart and Laura Dern, directed by Justin Kelly; Sudden Death 2, a project from Universal in 2019; Bravetown, a feature film starring Josh Duhamel and directed by Daniel Duran, Aloft a Canada-Spain treaty production starring Jennifer Connelly and Gilliam Murphy and directed by Academy Award nominated Claudia Llosa; and the list continues including the 1/2 hour Canadian comedy series, Sunnyside; the 1 hour series The Pinkertons filmed entirely in Manitoba; and Insomnia, a 1 hour action series filmed in Moscow, Russia.
Rhonda is dedicated to the film and television industry and welcomes opportunities to share her experience with budgeting and management through workshops and one-on-one training. Rhonda has taught budgeting workshops across Canada and is proud to be a member of On Screen Manitoba and participate in training opportunities through Film Training Manitoba.
- Film Training Manitoba is committed to creating an inclusive and healthy workplace where participants, instructors, and staff are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any forms of harassment and reserve the right to remove any patron creating an unsafe environment.
Film Training Manitoba Course Registration Policy
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to register and attend the course.
- Participants must register in advance of the course. No drop-ins.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis – unless otherwise specified. Enrollment may be limited.
- Payment in full is required to secure a spot in an FTM course.
- Participants must cancel up to 4 full business days prior to the course start date to receive an 80% refund.
- No refund will be given to participants who cancel within 4 full business days before the course start date, or if they do not attend the course.
- Film Training Manitoba reserves the right to cancel, or postpone, any course where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for a course that is canceled will receive a full refund.