Sunday, October 25th, 10:00am – 5:00pm
Participants will have a 45-minute session via Zoom with the instructor
$50 regular fee
$45 for On Screen Manitoba members
$40 for Creative Manitoba members
$13 for DGC-MB Members and Permittees
The DGC-MB discounted rate is made possible by the DGC’s generous contribution for its members.
About the workshop
During this one-on-one training session, participants will receive confidential tax advice for filing personal and corporate taxes by an experienced bookkeeper and accountant. Each participant will receive up to 45 minutes of one-on-one time over Zoom, and are encouraged to prepare and share any questions or issues they may have with taxes. Through these individual sessions, participants will gain a deeper insight of the advantages and benefits of taxes in Canada.
Once you’re registered you will receive a Zoom link and confirmation of your time slot with Kathe. The Zoom sessions are strictly confidential and will not be recorded or viewed by anyone else.
About the Instructor
Kathe Meseman has 25 years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting for small and medium size enterprises, and the non-profit sector.
Kathe has experience in the areas of include initial financial setup or corporate re-structure, full cycle accounting and training, project costing/reporting, government remittances, payroll, month end and year end. Proficient in Quickbooks, Simply Accounting and Profile for personal and corporate income tax preparation.
Kathe is currently the Financial Officer at Film Training Manitoba, New Media Manitoba and Essential Skills Manitoba. Kathe is also involved in charitable volunteerism and serves on the Board of Directors for Winnipeg’s Westland Foundation, which provides post-secondary scholarships for inner Winnipeg students.
Film Training Manitoba is committed to creating an inclusive and healthy workplace where participants, instructors, and staff are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any forms of harassment and reserve the right to remove any patron creating an unsafe environment.
Film Training Manitoba Course Registration Policy
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to register and attend the course.
- Participants must register in advance of the course.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis – unless otherwise specified. Enrollment may be limited.
- Payment in full is required to secure a spot in an FTM course.
Registration can be done in one of two ways:
DGC Members and Permittees can select “DGC Discount for Taxes with Kathe – $13.00 (DGC Members / Permittees)” for $13.
For OSM and CM members please call the office to pay a reduced price with your credit card over the phone: 204-989-9669
email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- Participants must cancel up to 4 full business days prior to the course start date to receive an 80% refund.
- No refund will be given to participants who cancel within 4 full business days before the course start date, or if they do not attend the course.
- Film Training Manitoba reserves the right to cancel, or postpone, any course where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for a course that is canceled will receive a full refund.