October 29th, 2020
1:00pm – 3:00pm — Zoom session
Free for DGC-MB members and permits
The DGC-MB District council’s generous support has made it possible for its members and permits to take this session for free.
About the workshop
This course’s main focus will be on working with the City of Winnipeg to acquire permits and permission, as well as preserving locations, when shooting. The instructors will cover all aspects of assisting people in navigating through the City to get the necessary permissions and permits needed. You will learn about managing locations and using best practices while developing communication tools for challenging situations that may arise on site.
This workshop will help you to identify immediate steps to be taken in the event of dangerous scenarios, and managing people in stressful situations. Our instructors will provide ideas and solutions for preserving our urban and rural locations. As well as maintaining a good relationship with the community and neighboring residences during production shoots.
Our community wishes to ensure that all productions are able to provide a safe space for our crews and for location departments to continue doing the amazing work they do.
There will also be an opportunity to share you ideas and to ask questions during the workshop.
*Note – upon registration you will be sent a Zoom link to the workshop.
To register online: You can follow this link and under Course Sign-ups select “Locations with Monique – $10.00” here: https://www.filmtraining.mb.ca/pay-for-courses-online/
You can also call into the office at 204-989-9669 to pay with a credit card over the phone.
Any questions or to register as a DGC member/permit please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the instructor
After working in production for 8 years, Monique Perro joined the Film and Special Events office as the Film Liaison for the City of Winnipeg. For the past 6 years she has assisted in coordinating services between filmmakers and the various departments to get permits and permissions to film. Monique’s unique perspective serves her well as she understands the challenges of filmmaking and what the City can offer. The Winnipeg Film office and the various departments at the City of Winnipeg are proud partners in supporting the film community.
Film Training Manitoba Course Registration Policy
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to register and attend the course.
- Participants must register in advance of the course. No drop-ins.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis – unless otherwise specified. Enrollment may be limited.
- Payment in full is required to secure a spot in an FTM course.
Registration can be done in one of two ways:
Online – (Link coming soon)
By Phone – VISA and MasterCard (credit & debit) only. Registrations are accepted via the main line at 204-989-9669.
- Participants must cancel up to 4 full business days prior to the course start date to receive an 80% refund.
- No refund will be given to participants who cancel within 4 full business days before the course start date, or if they do not attend the course.
- Film Training Manitoba reserves the right to cancel, or postpone, any course where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for a course that is canceled will receive a full refund.