*The funds for this program have now been expended for this fiscal year
The Crew Course and Travel Fund (CCTF) supports the professional development of crewmembers and industry professionals currently working in Manitoba’s film and television industry. Through the CCTF, Film Training Manitoba will provide financial assistance to cover the costs of attending a workshop or course not available in Manitoba. The Crew Course and Travel Fund will cover up to a maximum 80% of total eligible expenses to a maximum of $1,000.00 in Canada and maximum of $1,250 for eligible expenses for outside of Canada. FTM will reimburse the participant once the workshop or course has been completed and all required evaluations and receipts have been submitted.
The workshop or course must take place between April 18, 2016 and January 27, 2017.
• The applicant must be a member in good standing with IATSE 856, IATSE 669, DGC Manitoba or have the equivalent experience working as a film industry professional in Manitoba.
• The applicant must be a Manitoba resident, having resided in the province for the past year.
• The applicant must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
Submissions Must Include:
• A cover letter and current resume.
• An application form, completed in full.
• Any supporting materials (eg: letter of reference, letters of invitation or acceptance)
All applications must be submitted to FTM within two months of the course’s completion. The granting process is competitive; applicants should submit the best application possible.
Once FTM has received an application and confirms that it meets all of the requirements, it will be forwarded to a jury for approval. The jury will be comprised of representatives from Manitoba’s film and television industry.
Applications will be adjudicated based on the following criteria:
• The experience of the applicant.
• The quality of the course/workshop.
• The readiness of the applicant to take advantage of this training.
• The priority for this type of training within Manitoba’s film and television industry.
The jury will determine the contribution amount, which may not be what the applicant requested. All decisions by the jury are final. Please allow up to 10 business days for the jury to assess your application.
For more information on FTM’s Work Experience Program, please contact:
Allison Bile, Training Coordinator Film Training Manitoba Ph: (204) 989.9665 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org