The 2017-2018 Producer Internship Program is Closed
Career Focus Producer Internship
Based on the feedback provided by producers and production companies, Film Training Manitoba will provide one producer or business affairs Intern under the Career Focus Crew Internship program. FTM will ensure that submitted applications meet all eligibility criteria. An impartial jury of educators and industry professionals will select the production company and the Intern applicant.
Deadline: Applications are accepted between – July 10, 2017 to August 4, 2017. FTM will ensure that submitted applications meet the eligibility criteria.
** APPLICATION LINKS AT THE BOTTOM **
Applications will be assessed against the placement’s goal to create a meaningful placement that will further develop the skills of an emerging to mid-level producer in the Manitoba film and television industry.
The jury will assess the application with the following objectives:
- Clear training objectives and skills development goals.
- Strength of the proposed work plan (i.e. Intern’s job description, diversity of training, trainer’s supervision in relation to the Intern’s related education, professional goals and work or volunteer experience.
- Viability of the Trainer-Intern relationship- shared goals and objectives; post- internship employment opportunities with the production company, demonstrated commitment to sharing expertise, and ability and experience in training.
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of intake/selection.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person for whom refugee status has been conferred.
- Must be a resident of Manitoba and legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be co-applying with a mentor company.
- Cannot be enrolled in a full-time educational program.
- Reside in Manitoba at the time of application.
- Not be in receipt of Employment Insurance Benefits (EI) or Employment and Income Assistance.
- Demonstrate sufficient experience and aptitude.
- Exhibit interest in the film industry (i.e. post-secondary education, industry experience and/or workshops, volunteer experience).
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Placement companies must submit:
- Company profile including a credit list of productions that have had theatrical releases or on air broadcasts.
- Resume of the Intern Trainer.
- Intern training plan.
- Must be co-applying with the Intern candidate
- Must be completed by February 28, 2018
- Must contribute a minimum of $7,200 toward the Intern’s wages- 800 hours- 20-week placements. The placement company must agree to pay the trainee a minimum of $14.00 per hour.
Film Training Manitoba is an industry-driven training organization that identifies and prepares individuals for employment in the local film industry. FTM is committed to training that is practical, innovative, and responsive to the demands of the industry in Manitoba.
The Career Focus Crew Internship Program is a training opportunity. No guarantees are made regarding future employment in the film industry.
Placement must be completed by February 23, 2018.