HUMAN RESOURCE TRAINING FUND
The Human Resource Training Fund is designed to support Manitoba companies by providing support for customized training initiatives that are specific to their needs.
Eligible companies must submit a completed application form including an outline of the proposed training plan.
Up to $2,000 may be awarded per training event (a minimum of 6 participants is required). Companies may apply for a maximum of $2000 per fiscal year (April 1 to March 31). A non -refundable administration fee of $100.00 will apply for each application submitted and approved by the jury.
The HR Training Fund may cover up to 100% of eligible expenses for approved training initiatives. Companies must contribute GST and PST, as well as any ineligible costs.
FTM will issue payment in the form of a reimbursement cheque upon completion of the training and submission of all required evaluations and receipts.
Companies must complete the training by Friday February 28, 2014.
*FTM is accepting applications between May 1, 2013 and December 2, 2013. Applications will beassessed within three weeks of date submitted.
Production or service companies applying to the fund must:
- Have a primary objective to produce or provide services for film, television or web-based projects.
- Have an office and principal place of business located in Manitoba.
- Be incorporated or registered as a Manitoba company.
- Have a minimum of two screen credits or two years experience providing services to the industry.
Guidelines and Application Form
We recommend that applicants contact FTM directly to discuss the eligibility of the training they are proposing, or if they have any questions regarding eligible and ineligible expenses.
Applications must include the following:
• A completed Application Form.
• A Training Plan.
• A completed Budget Form (forms will be provided.)
Applicant companies may also include letters of reference from industry professionals.The granting process is competitive; applicants should submit the best application possible.
- Instructor fees
- Workshop space rental fees
- Workshop equipment rental fees
- Travel for out-of-town instructors including:
- Accommodation up to a maximum of $125 per night (CAD)
- Return air transportation based on an economy airfare, and including transportation to and from the airport at point of origin
- Training that has already been completed at the time of application
- Registration fees for existing courses or workshops
- On the job trainee wages
- Catering/craft services
- Instructor’s per diem
- Hotel charges for incidentals, movies, food, telephone etc.
- Courses taken as part of a full-time university degree program
- GST and PST on any expenses.
All project participants must be Manitoban residents, having resided in Manitoba for one full year.
Single-purpose companies, incorporated individuals and not-for-profit organizations are not eligible to apply.
Once FTM has received an application and confirms that it meets all of the required criteria, it will be forwarded to the jury for approval.
The jury evaluates the applications based on the following criteria:
- The experience of the applicant company
- The experience of the instructor
- The quality of the training plan
- The need for this type of training within Manitoba’s industry
All decisions by the jury are final. The jury may decide to award lesser amounts than those requested.