Introduction to Movie Magic with Rhonda Baker
10:00am – 4:30pm
Location: Creative MB – 245 McDermot Ave 3rd Floor Classroom
$100 for On Screen Manitoba members
$120 for non-members
About the workshop
Movie Magic Budgeting is an innovative budgeting and cost estimation tool used by production professionals around the world. It features an intuitive, flexible format that allows users to create and edit comprehensive budgets of all sizes, for all types of productions.
Your production budget is the blueprint that demonstrates how your project will get made. The decision to fund will be based on the information laid out in the budget. The most widely used production budgeting application, Movie Magic Budgeting offers a range of budgeting tools and flexibility not found elsewhere. Workflows are designed with an awareness of the complexities of production and the ever-changing issues facing finance professionals.
About the instructor
Rhonda Baker Producer / Line Producer
With 27 years of experience in the film and television industry Rhonda has had plenty of time to fine tune her skills as a producer, line producer, and production supervisor. From feature films to television movies to 1/2 hour and 1 hour television series she has worked on many projects in many cities such as Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Nelson, Des Moines, Moscow, and London, England.
Most recently Rhonda relocated from Saskatchewan to Winnipeg which has actually become 6 wonderful years where she continues to produce projects in a wonderful city with an incredible tax incentive and great cast and crew.
Over the last 6 years Rhonda has produced or line produced 21 projects in Winnipeg with budgets ranging in size up to $35 million. The Grudge, Reboot, starring Andrea Riseborough & Demien Bichir, directed by Nick Pesce; Siberia starring Keanu Reeves and directed by Matt Ross; JT Leroy, a feature film starring Kristen Stewart and Laura Dern, directed by Justin Kelly; Bravetown, a feature film starring Josh Duhamel and directed by Daniel Duran, Alofta Canada-Spain treaty production starring Jennifer Connelly and Gilliam Murphy and directed by Academy Award nominated Claudia Llosa; and the list continues including the 1/2 hour Canadian comedy series, Sunnyside; the 1 hour series The Pinkertons filmed entirely in Manitoba; and Insomnia, a 1 hour action series filmed in Moscow, Russia.
Further to Manitoba productions Rhonda has produced the feature film The Messengers, starring Kristen Stewart & John Corbett and directed by twin brothers Danny and Oxide Pang from Hong Kong that opened #1 at the box office in the USA; Tidelanda Canada-UK co-production starring Janet McTeer and Jeff Bridges directed by world renowned Terry Gilliam; and Tall Man, a Canada-France co-production feature film starring Jessica Biel and directed by Pascal Laugier.
Rhonda is dedicated to the film and television industry and welcomes opportunities to share her experience with budgeting and management through workshops and one-on-one training. Rhonda has taught budgeting workshops across Canada and is proud to be a member of On Screen Manitoba and participate in training opportunities through Film Training Manitoba.
Film Training Manitoba is committed to creating an inclusive and healthy workplace where participants, instructors, and staff are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any forms of harassment and reserve the right to remove any patron creating an unsafe environment.
Film Training Manitoba Course Registration Policy
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to register and attend the course.
- Participants must register in advance of the course. No drop-ins.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis – unless otherwise specified. Enrollment may be limited.
- Registration for all courses, including weekend workshops, must be done between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (except holidays).
- All registrations must be received and confirmed in-person or by telephone with an FTM staff member during office hours.
- We do not confirm or accept registrations via email.
- Payment in full is required to secure a spot in an FTM course.
Registration can be done in one of two ways:
In Person– Cash, VISA and MasterCard, and debit are accepted. Our offices are located at 100 – 62 Albert Street, in Winnipeg’s Exchange District. We are open to the public Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
By Phone– VISA and MasterCard only. Registrations are accepted via the main line at 204-989-9669. *We do not confirm or accept registrations via email.
- Participants must cancel up to 4 full business days prior to the course start date to receive an 80% refund.
- No refund will be given to participants who cancel within 4 full business days before the course start date, or if they do not attend the course.
- Film Training Manitoba reserves the right to cancel, or postpone, any course where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for a course that is canceled will receive a full refund.