EXPO 2020: Advanced Camera Strategies and Post-Production – In partnership with FRANK Digital, Les Productions MIDCAN
January 12, 2020 - January 13, 2020
10:00am – 4:30pm
Location: 509 Century St. | Les Productions MIDCAN – MIDCAN Productions Inc.
Out of province cost: $400
About the workshop
FTM, Les Productions MIDCAN Productions and Frank Digital are partnering to deliver this unique training initiative for media production professionals that are looking to develop their skills with new technologies and visual modes of creative expression.
Participants of this course will receive a combination of hands-on learning, mock shooting, camera workflow, lectures and demonstrations on the leading-edge technologies in image making.
Day 1 – Camera set-ups, tests and mock shooting component
The first part of this workshop the instructors will lead the participants through a series of camera set-ups and mock shoots. Course participants will receive an in-depth and exclusive hands-on technical demonstration of five current cinematic camera systems.
Participants will receive hands-on learning and explore sample-shooting scenarios. The instructors will recreate problems and show the participants how to solve them. Test footage will be shot and prepared for review to see if the intended image quality has been achieved.
Day 2 – Post-production day
During day two of the course, a post-production supervisor will lead the participants through a direct side-by-side comparison of each camera system, allowing the participants to see first-hand advantages and benefits each camera system.
Workflow will be discussed and participants will learn about the costs, benefits and advantages of each camera.
Following this course, participants will understand current industry trends with productions and have a good working recognition of potential future platforms
About the instructor
Stephan Recksiedler is a long time member of the Manitoba film and digital video community. Stephan is a director and cinematographer for commercials, music videos, short and feature films. Currently, Production Services Manager at Les Productions Midcan Productions, Stephan works with digital cinema cameras and cinematographers daily. He has designed and instructed cinematography workshops through Film Training Manitoba, Winnipeg Film Group, NSI and the University of Winnipeg. In addition to telling stories with camera’s, Stephan also draws storyboards and has done illustration work for Marvel and DC Comics.
Film Training Manitoba is committed to creating an inclusive and healthy workplace where participants, instructors, and staff are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any forms of harassment and reserve the right to remove any patron creating an unsafe environment.
Film Training Manitoba Course Registration Policy
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to register and attend the course.
- Participants must register in advance of the course. No drop-ins.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis – unless otherwise specified. Enrollment is limited.
- Registration for all courses, including weekend workshops, must be done between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (except holidays).
- All registrations must be received and confirmed in-person or by telephone with an FTM staff member during office hours.
- We do not confirm or accept registrations via email.
- Payment in full is required to secure a spot in an FTM course.
Registration can be done in one of two ways:
In Person – Cash, VISA, MasterCard, and debit are accepted.
Our offices are located at 300 – 245 McDermot Ave, in Winnipeg’s Exchange District. We are open to the public Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
By Phone – VISA and MasterCard only. Registrations are accepted via the main line at
204-989-9669. *We do not confirm or accept registrations via email.
- Participants must cancel up to 4 full business days prior to the course start date to receive an 80% refund.
- No refund will be given to participants who cancel within 4 full business days before the course start date, or if they do not attend the course.
- Film Training Manitoba reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for a course that is canceled will receive a full refund.