- This event has passed.
Advanced On-Camera with Aaron Craven
March 16 - March 17
10:00am – 5:00pm
Location: University of Winnipeg – 515 Portage Ave — Theatre Building
$80 – for ACTRA Members – Full, Apprentice & AABP only
About the workshop
Don’t miss a rare chance to hone your craft with one of Vancouver’s busiest actors and an in-demand acting coach.
FTM has partnered with ACTRA MB to bring you “Advanced On-Camera” with Aaron Craven.
He will start each day with a Q and A discussion covering the business and craft of acting, the audition process and practical tips for working on set. Each day will also feature an extensive warm up, utilizing improvisational exercises to develop presence in the audition room. Actors will then work on-camera auditions each day, from modern Film/TV audition sides, which will be distributed in advance of the workshop.
Known as a busy actor and generous coach, Aaron runs workshops that challenge the actor to dig deeper with their choices and elevate their craft to a “booking” level. He focuses on drawing out performances that are truthful, personal and clear and his practical approach to acting gives you the confidence and clarity to give your best performance in the audition room and on the set.
“I love Aaron’s honest, straightforward approach. His passion & knowledge for the craft are contagious & his coaching skills are so beneficial. I was truly impressed with the level of talent. I would highly recommend his training to any actor ”. – Jackie Lind, Casting Director
- Applicants must submit a resume and a headshot by noon on March 8th, 2019. Successful applicants will find out on the same day if they’re chosen.
Selected participants must provide full payment to Film Training Manitoba by March 8th, 2019.
FTM’s registration contact number is (204) 989-9669.
Please send your current resume and headshot to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Instructor
Aaron is the founder of Mitch and Murray Productions, a critically acclaimed Vancouver theatre company. He is also a busy actor in both Canada and the USA, being a member of ACTRA and SAG-AFTRA. His recent Film/TV credits include recurring roles on the TV series’ Travelers, The Bletchley Circle: San Francisco, Somewhere Betweenand Ties That Bindas well as the films Final Vision, The Predator, Big Eyesand Age of Adaline.In this inspiring environment, actors can take creative risks and develop their unique voices, while being rigorously challenged. Aaron’s acting classes feature scene study, on-camera auditions, voice, improvisation — all the tools required of a professional actor. Class materials range from Film/TV scripts to modern plays, with an emphasis on delivering camera-ready performances.
Currently, he teaches weekly classes at The Working Actors Gym in Vancouver.
Film Training Manitoba is committed to creating an inclusive and healthy workplace where participants, instructors, and staff are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any forms of harassment and reserve the right to remove any patron creating an unsafe environment.
Film Training Manitoba Course Registration Policy
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to register and attend the course.
- Participants must register in advance of the course. No drop-ins.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis – unless otherwise specified. Enrollment may be limited.
- Registration for all courses, including weekend workshops, must be done between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (except holidays).
- All registrations must be received and confirmed in-person or by telephone with an FTM staff member during office hours.
- We do not confirm or accept registrations via email.
- Payment in full is required to secure a spot in an FTM course.
Registration can be done in one of two ways:
In Person– Cash, VISA and MasterCard, and debit are accepted. Our offices are located at 100 – 62 Albert Street, in Winnipeg’s Exchange District. We are open to the public Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
By Phone– VISA and MasterCard only. Registrations are accepted via the main line at 204-989-9669. *We do not confirm or accept registrations via email.
- Participants must cancel up to 4 full business days prior to the course start date to receive an 80% refund.
- No refund will be given to participants who cancel within 4 full business days before the course start date, or if they do not attend the course.
- Film Training Manitoba reserves the right to cancel, or postpone, any course where a minimum registration level has not been met. Participants registered for a course that is canceled will receive a full refund.
Breaks and refreshments
Refreshments will be provided